SX7 / MX7 Multi-Stage Coal Spiral Concentrators
- Manufactured in single, twin or triple starts
- 1000mm in diameter
- 7 turn units in high, or low ash profiles
- With the MX7 design the benefits of a two stage short spiral design (SX4) are achieved in a single process step using a seven turn spiral that utilize repulpers. This feature provides for a smaller footprint and lower capital investment where two stages of spiral processing are required to maximize yield and ensure quality targets are met as required.
Product Box and Splitters
- Solid lightweight polyurethane casting
- Splitters are easily adjustable to suite grade requirements
- Box design assures no solids buildup
- Linked reinforced splitters
- Splitters are independent to trough surfaces and offer knife edge cutting of pulp stream
Distributor and Piping
- Robust, galvanised steel shell
- Cast polyurethane lining
- Replacement parallel throat orifice
- Anti-syphoning off-takes
- Modular polyurethane elbows
- Top or bottom fed entry
- Solid polyurethane casting with integral auxiliary splitter
- Forced rejection of discard to reject gully or centre column
- Homogenous mixing of middling's and product for reintroduction onto trough
- Divides spiral into two stages
- Solid polyurethane casting
- Impact wall provides longer life
- Design ensures homogenous pulp mix
Spiral Trough, Auto Reject Channel and Gully
- Accurately manufactured by reverse lamination.
- Working surface is sprayed with polyurethane to required thickness (+/- 0.5mm tolerance).
- Rubber integral edge; improves circumferential strength, prevents spillage, integrally moulded.
- Ribbed for extra strength.
Auto reject channel and gully
- Improved removal of high density particles without the aid of auxiliary splitters.
- High reject capacity.
- Less sensitive to beaching of coarse particles.
- Modular as well as custom designed.
- Each module houses two spiral assemblies.
- Upper level walkway.
- Access cat ladder.
- Fully dismantleable for retrofitting.
- Hot dip galvanised to prevent corrosion, can be supplied painted if desired.
- Optional features; safety handrails, cat ladder hoops, toe plate.
- Mild steel rubber lined, mild steel alumina ceramic lined, mild steel basalt lined or PVC/PU pipe launder system.
Multotec offers its clients
- Multotec has spiral test facilities in South Africa should clients consider in-house test work or alternatively Multotec can assist clients to do local test work in Australia through providing test spiral units to ISO accredited independent mineral laboratories where clients can perform their own test work with the assistance of Multotec technical staff as required.
- Consultation regarding spirals and plants.
- Design assistance to clients.
- Commissioning of spiral plant and equipment.
- Optimisation of spiral plants.